Install Greasemonkey 0.6.4
This is for Firefox 1.5 only and will not install on previous Firefoxen. If you use a Firefox version prior to 1.5, you should continue using Greasemonkey 0.5.3.
Some of the changes required for security caused minor API changes. If you are a developer and your script breaks in Greasemonkey 0.6.4, consult the wiki for information on how to fix it. Or, as always, ask on the mailing list.
What's new since 0.5.x?
- Monkey menu: Right-click on the monkey to get quick access to enable or disable the scripts which apply to this page.
- New install UI: There's a cute new yellow install bar like the one that's displayed for extensions when you load a user script file. When you install, you get a simple animation in the status bar for the loading progress followed by a single dialog when installation is successful.
- New injection system: We now use a much stabler injection system which is only available to Firefox 1.5. This should solve all double-injects or non-injects.
- The document.domain bug which was causing scripts to not inject on sites such as myspace.com fixed.
- New migration system: Greasemonkey no longer tries to migrate the script folder's location on install, which was causing install headaches for some users. Instead, it uses the old location if a previous version was already installed.
- Fastback support: Previous Greasemonkeys interfered with Firefox 1.5's awesome Fastback feature. This release does not.
- Remove script prefs when uninstalling the scripts. Sort of; see issues.
- When uninstalling scripts, the "also uninstall script preferences" checkbox looks works when "OK" is clicked, rather than when "uninstall" is clicked. In other words, before confirming uninstallation of scripts, make sure the checkbox is selected to also remove the associated prefs. This is needlessly confusing.